The American Humane Society has designated May 2 – 8, 2010 as “Be Kind to Animals Week”. Though this sentiment should be followed year round, it’s great to take some time to focus on how we can take action. So what can you do?
1. Plan to add a pet to your family? Consider adopting from a shelter.
- Dumb Friends League
- Humane Society of South Platte Valley
- Animal Rescue & Adoption Society
- Cat Care Society
- Table Mountain Animal Center
2. Donate to your favorite local shelter
3. Report animal abuse
4. Live humanely with wildlife.
5. Teach small children how to play with pets.
6. Be a responsible pet owner.
7. Return to this blog often for tips to keep your pets happy and healthy at home.
As you can see, there is a lot we can do to “be kind to animals”.
Have a great week!