Monday-Friday: 9 am to 5 pm for Appointments.
Phone Hours: 7 am to 5 pm Monday-Friday
Prescription Refills: Please call for refills Monday through Friday from 7am to 5pm and allow 24 hour notice for pick up. Once refills are filled, they can be picked up at our Pharmacy. Please refer to the pharmacy page for hours of operation.
Emergency surgery availability: 24 hours a day/365 days a year (patients will be admitted through emergency department)
Holidays: VRCC Surgery will be closed for New Year’s Day, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, Labor Day, and the Fourth of July. Our emergency department is always available during these times for urgent situations with your pet.
If your pet needs to stay with us overnight, or for the weekend, we will be happy to show you the accommodations once your pet gets settled. During your pet’s stay, we provide fresh, comfortable bedding, along with food and water as medically appropriate. We monitor temperature and provide blankets or fans to keep your pet comfortable.
We recommend against leaving any personal belongings with your pet during their stay, as it is possible these items may get misplaced. If you wish to provide a specific diet for your pet during their stay, please bring it in a sealed, leak-proof container (no plastic baggies of any kind will be accepted), and make sure its contents are clearly labeled with: type of food, your pet’s name, and the date.
Patient Visiting Hours
We understand that pets are like family. Being separated from your pet can be extremely difficult and visitation is encouraged whenever possible.
Please observe the following guidelines for visiting with your pet:
- Visiting hours are from 10am-12pm, 5pm-7pm, and 11pm-2am daily.
- We request that you call ahead and tell the technician taking care of your pet when they can expect you to arrive for a visit, so that we can make sure all necessary treatments scheduled for your pet can be done prior, as to not have your visit interrupted.
- We request that you limit your visit to 15 minutes – consideration will be given on a case by case basis to allow for extended visitation time.
- All necessary safety protocols must be followed in cases when your pet is being hospitalized in our isolation unit.
- In some situations, our Patient Care staff may request that you return to the lobby. We will reunite you with your pet as soon as possible.
- Although you will not be allowed to stay overnight with your pet, we welcome you to call and check-in with our Patient Care staff at any time to learn the status of your pet.
- For privacy purposes, patient status for pets other than your own cannot be shared.
Prescriptions may be refilled by speaking with one of our staff members or by simply leaving a message on our department voice mail at (303) 874-2073 during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday 7am-5pm. Once filled, prescription refills are available for 24-hour pick up from our front desk.
Prescriptions are only refilled during regular business hours, not on weekends, so be sure to request refills early enough that you will not run out.
Prescriptions can only be filled for one year. After this, a recheck appointment and or blood work must be done to continue the doctor/patient relationship with us and understand that patient welfare is our highest concern.