Hours are: Monday-Friday from 8:30am – 5:00pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 8:30am – 3:30pm.
What We Can Do For You and Your Pet:
- The VRCC Pharmacy fills prescriptions for medications prescribed by VRCC doctors for pets seen at VRCC only.
- We can check out clients picking up medications, immunotherapy, and fluids for at-home use, during daytime hours.
- We can answer questions about medications, or direct clients to reliable resources for information. For in detail questions, please contact the department that prescribed the medication so that the prescribing doctor can give further instruction or information.
- Medications that are not picked up within 2 weeks will be returned to stock; with the exception of prepaid injectable immunotherapy , sublingual or other prepaid medications.
What We Cannot Do For You and Your Pet:
- We cannot take direct requests to refill medications. Please contact the prescribing department that your pet is currently seeing to request a refill.
- The VRCC Pharmacy does not work like a human pharmacy. We do not have the requirements, per the state of Colorado, to function like a human pharmacy. We can only fill medications as prescribed by the VRCC veterinarian attending to the patient within our facility. We cannot fill any prescriptions from non-VRCC veterinarians or veterinary hospitals.
- We cannot check out clients for appointments or food. This needs to be done at the VRCC front desk.
- We cannot make appointments for VRCC departments; each department does their own scheduling. Please call the department directly to set-up an appointment.
- In order to be compliant with Federal regulations, VRCC will NOT ACCEPT any return prescriptions once they have left the building – this includes any medication to be donated. Click here for a list of locations that can accept donated medications.
We always strive to offer our clients exemplary service and will answer any questions or concerns.
Pharmacy & Inventory Team – How Can We Help You?
Miriam Cabrera, Inventory & Pharmacy Manager
Miriam Cabrera holds a Bachelors of Science Degree in animal science from Kansas State University and a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Universidad Nacional Pedro Henriquez Ureña in the Dominican Republic. Miriam has worked in the specialty veterinary industry for over 20 years. Miriam takes great pleasure in working with patients and their human family members as well as referring veterinarians. She is dedicated to excellent client communication and service and compassionate animal care. She currently manages the Inventory and Pharmacy at VRCC.
Miriam grew up in Puerto Rico. Miriam and her husband are the “parents” of three cats. She is also fluent in Spanish. Miriam enjoys sewing cross stitching, scrap booking and family life.
To learn more about any of our staff members, simply select their name below to reveal their information.
Katie and her husband Matt are the proud parents of a yellow lab, Samson, and three cats, B.K., Ravyn, and Chauncey. Katie enjoys Nuggets games and concerts. She also enjoys spending time with family and friends and returning to her home state of California to visit Disneyland and the beach.