To schedule an appointment to have your pet examined and consult with one of the VRCC Oncologists, please call the Oncology department directly @ 303-874-2054.
The purpose of the initial consultation is to give the doctor the opportunity to completely examine the patient, review patient history, review x-rays, laboratory test results and other pertinent information. The doctor can then discuss diagnostic and treatment options in detail with the pet guardian and diagnostic or treatment plans can be established as indicated.
Hospitalization and Visits
Oncology appointment hours are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 3:30pm.
We understand that pets are like family. Being separated from your pet can be extremely difficult and visitation is encouraged whenever possible.
Please observe the following guidelines for visiting with your pet:
- Visiting hours are from 10am-12pm, 5pm-7pm, and 11pm-2am daily.
- We request that you call ahead and tell the technician taking care of your pet when they can expect you to arrive for a visit, so that we can make sure all necessary treatments scheduled for your pet can be done prior, as to not have your visit interrupted.
- We request that you limit your visit to 15 minutes – consideration will be given on a case by case basis to allow for extended visitation time.
- All necessary safety protocols must be followed in cases when your pet is being hospitalized in our isolation unit.
- In some situations, our Patient Care staff may request that you return to the lobby. We will reunite you with your pet as soon as possible.
- Although you will not be allowed to stay overnight with your pet, we welcome you to call and check-in with our Patient Care staff at any time to learn the status of your pet.
- For privacy purposes, patient status for pets other than your own cannot be shared.
Prescriptions may be refilled by simply leaving a message on the Oncology department voice mail at 303-874-2054. Messages that are received before 4PM Monday through Friday will be addressed the same day. Messages that are placed on voice mail after 4PM may not be addressed until the next working day.
Prescriptions are only refilled during regular business hours, not on weekends, so be sure to request refills early enough that you will not run out.