Current Job Openings
PetVet Care Centers, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading operators of veterinary hospitals for companion animals. The company operates over 450 hospitals across multiple states and employs over 11,000 people including over 800 veterinarians. Since its inception, PetVet has been structured around a model that is focused on developing a partnership between the hospitals and the company and providing the highest quality medicine and service.
The veterinary assistant provides support to the veterinarians and technicians in their daily tasks by cleaning and maintaining equipment, preparing and sanitizing surgery suites and instruments, as well as restraining and handling patients. They deliver quality care for all patients and provide exceptional service.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education, and/or experience.
- Able to perform moderately physically demanding work, that requires a lot of lifting (up to 50 pounds), cleaning, and constant motion.
- Ability to work with or around sick animals, potentially hazardous materials, cleaning chemicals, gas anesthetics, zoonotic diseases, and unpleasant odors.
- Requires knowledge of hospital procedures, treatment protocols; computer systems; and terminology used in a veterinary hospital.
- Must be flexible with scheduling and able to work some weekends and holidays.
- At least 1 year of experience in Veterinary Medicine, 2 years experience or certification preferred
PetVet is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V
PetVet respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. Please see our privacy notice for additional information about our data practices.
Why Consider Our Englewood Hospital?
At VRCC, our team members all share the same passion for making and keeping animals healthy.
Our hospital truly is an excellent place to work, with a highly skilled team focused on 'best in practice' veterinary care.
We are very supportive of individuals looking to grow their veterinary careers and look forward to hearing from you.
We invite you to explore your veterinary career options with VRCC, where you'll be a respected member of a team that loves animals and values the contributions from every individual on the team.