Current Job Openings
Emergency Veterinary Technician
PetVet Care Centers, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading operators of veterinary hospitals for companion animals. The company operates over 450 hospitals across multiple states and employs over 11,000 people including over 800 veterinarians. Since its inception, PetVet has been structured around a model that is focused on developing a partnership between the hospitals and the company and providing the highest quality medicine and service.
Job Type: Full-time, 4x10 hour shifts including 1 weekend shift
Emergency Veterinary Technicians support hospital operations by providing dedicated quality veterinary care and exceptional service to our patients and clients. You will assist in providing patient care, assisting with examinations, assisting during sedated procedures, patient care for in-patients, and maintaining patient medical records.
- Determine animal requirements by assisting with examinations, reviewing care plans and records, completing laboratory tests and studies, and diagnostic imaging.
- Care for patients by taking vital signs, collecting samples, and administering medications while communicating with the DVM on the case.
- Support patient procedures and operations by assembling required supplies and instruments.
- Maintain a safe, secure, healthy and humane environment by following documented standards and procedures.
- Maintain medical records by documenting patients’ conditions, reactions, and changes; updates database in an accurate and timely manner.
- Client communication for ER visits, throughout the patient's hospitalization, and follow up questions after the patient has been discharged.
- Ability to demonstrate and follow correct procedures in catheter placement, phlebotomy, emergency medicine, and radiology.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education, and/or experience.
- Minimum of 2 years as a Veterinary Technician. Registered Veterinary Technician preferred and Provisional Veterinary Technician accepted considering experience. Unlicensed technicians considered as Veterinary Assistants under DORA to be considered with extensive veterinary technician experience.
- Able to perform moderately physically demanding work, that requires a lot of lifting (up to 50 pounds), cleaning, and constant motion.
- Ability to work with or around sick animals, potentially hazardous materials, cleaning chemicals, gas anesthetics, zoonotic diseases, and unpleasant odors.
- Must be flexible with scheduling and able to work some holidays.
- Enjoy growing and learning new skills
- Skilled in anesthesia, patient care, drug calculations, laboratory procedures, patient examinations, client service and more
- Skilled in communications and team collaboration
PetVet is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V
PetVet respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. Please see our privacy notice for additional information about our data practices.
Why Consider Our Englewood Hospital?
At VRCC, our team members all share the same passion for making and keeping animals healthy.
Our hospital truly is an excellent place to work, with a highly skilled team focused on 'best in practice' veterinary care.
We are very supportive of individuals looking to grow their veterinary careers and look forward to hearing from you.
We invite you to explore your veterinary career options with VRCC, where you'll be a respected member of a team that loves animals and values the contributions from every individual on the team.