COVID-19: Health And Safety Are Our #1 Concern
Our Hospital Is OPEN For You And Your Pet!
Due to concerns about the novel coronavirus and related disease (COVID-19), we are taking additional precautionary measures (per the recommendations of the CDC) within the hospital to keep our staff, doctors, animals, clients, and visitors safe, while continuing to provide patient care. We have increased our sanitizing protocols around the hospital for client and staff safety to allow us to remain OPEN.
Our primary goal is to stay healthy, keep others around us healthy and continue to provide service throughout the duration of this pandemic.
We are continuing with car triage for all departments. When you arrive, please call 303-874-PETS (7387), or the department that you are scheduled with directly to check-in. A technician will come out to your vehicle to get your pet.
For all EMERGENCY visits, we ask that you do not leave our parking lot until you have spoken with one of our doctors. For more information on the car triage process for emergencies please click here.
Moving Forward With Phase 2.5 of Re-opening Our Building
We are now moving to Phase 2.5 of our COVID-19 plan. Please see the bullet points below that outline what Phase 2.5 will look like. Phase 2.5 will start on Tuesday, July 7th. (Phase 2.0 started on Monday, June 15th)
• Dermatology, Oncology (Medical and Radiation), and Ophthalmology are the departments that will be part of the initial stage of Phase 2.5.
• New patient appointments ONLY are allowed within these 3 departments as well as Cardiology, Internal Medicine, and Surgery which were part of Phase 2.0.
• There will be a limit of 2 people per patient allowed in the hospital.
• All clients will still need to call when they arrive at VRCC for their appointment.
• Department coordinators or a member of our Front Desk team will go through our COVID-19 Questionnaire with all clients over the phone.
• Clients will be asked to wait in their vehicle until a staff member comes out to guide them into the hospital.
• All Clients MUST wear a mask when they are in the building at all times.
• We will still be offering curbside service for all clients including new patient appointments if they wish to remain in their vehicle.
• All communication and transactions will be done in the room or in the client’s vehicle prior to leaving.
* Clients are not permitted to wait in the lobby.*
We will be continuing with our increased sanitation efforts, and the following protocols that were implemented in Phase 2.0 last month:
• Exam rooms will be sprayed and/or wiped down with disinfectant spray/wipes after a client exits the room.
• Additional hand sanitizers will be installed to the lobby area, between exam rooms, and common areas.
• Social distancing paw print stickers have been added in our lobby, hall, and main traffic areas within the hospital.
*With the increase of cases currently in Colorado we will not be moving past Phase 2.5 at least for the foreseeable future*
We will continue to post updates on this page, as well as our Facebook page.
Thank you for all your dedication and support during these challenging times! Please reach out with any questions, and we look forward to seeing you soon!