Vets at clinics and emergency hospitals in Colorado are reporting more pets than ever are being brought in suffering from marijuana poisoning after eating pot-laced edibles. Bri Pasko from the VRCC Emergency Hospital in Englewood, Colo. told ABC News since the state passed medical marijuana licenses, they’ve seen an increase from an “occasional” incident to […]
Denver Family is Extra Thankful This Thanksgiving After Dog Eats Dangerous Science Project, Including More Than 50 Metal Straight Pins and Survives! A local Englewood, CO family is especially thankful this holiday season. Thanks to the quick care and expertise of the veterinary team at VRCC Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Hospital, their 2-year-old Labrador, Reggie […]
Team Approach to Veterinary Medicine at VRCC, brings great success for Toby the Corgi! It’s going to be quite a “treat” for Toby this Halloween. The 13-year-old Corgi, who has been blind for the past three years, can now see, thanks to a very successful cataract surgery at VRCC this month. It wasn’t your typical […]
The family of four-year-old poodle Annie is happy she’s alive after being bitten by a rattlesnake on Father’s Day. Annie was sniffing around in the backyard and put her nose close to a burrow in the Cover family’s backyard when the snake struck. “We weren’t positive it was a snake because I hadn’t really seen […]
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – A 6-month old puppy is recovering after being hit by a light rail train and having a leg amputated. “The animal control guy picked her up, and her leg was just dangling from a tiny little piece of flesh,” owner Henry He said. “I pretty nearly had a heart attack right there.” […]
The story of “Chico” the Chihuahua is a reminder to pet owners of the importance of heartworm prevention
(Englewood, CO) — April is Heartworm Awareness Month and the Cardiologists at VRCC Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Hospital remind families that Heartworm prevention is key. Chico, a 12 year old Chihuahua, was suddenly fainting, coughing, had abdominal distension, and swelling in his legs. After an echocardiogram was performed by Dr. Orr, board-certified cardiologist at VRCC, […]
(Englewood, CO) — As we head into the spring season, allergies become more prevalent not only in humans, but also in dogs and cats. Veterinary dermatologists at VRCC Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Hospital in Englewood, CO, say that environmental allergies and food allergies are commonly confused, and due to creative marketing in the pet food […]
Reggie, a 2 year old yellow lab, ate his owner’s homework – a chocolate volcano with candy held on with over 50 metal straight pins. After endoscopy and surgery, Reggie is doing well now! So, the dog really did eat the homework!
Toby, a 13 year old Corgi, can see now after being blind for 3 years, thanks to his cataract surgery provided by Dr. Tanja Nuhsbaum – one of our board-certified veterinary ophthalmologists.