The Dog Ate My Homework – Literally!

Denver Family is Extra Thankful This Thanksgiving After Dog Eats Dangerous Science Project, Including More Than 50 Metal Straight Pins and Survives!

A local Englewood, CO family is especially thankful this holiday season.  Thanks to the quick care and expertise of the veterinary team at VRCC Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Hospital, their 2-year-old Labrador, Reggie survived a nearly tragic situation.

Reggie ate the homework!  But, it wasn’t your typical English paper.  He ate a chocolate volcano with candy pinned all over it.  Reggie ingested more than 50 metal straight pins.  His parents quickly brought him to VRCC in Englewood, where it took a combination of endoscopy (in which a magnet was used to remove some of the pins) and surgery to remove the pins.

Reggie is now recovered and doing great!  He was likely attracted to the candy in the science project.  While it’s rare to have a dog eat the homework, it is more common for pets to find OTHER hazards around the house this time of year.

Reggie Pins After Endoscopy

Reggie Xray 1 Reggie Xray 2

 

< Back to Newsroom
Click Here For Emergency Care Referring Veterinarians Click Here