Appointments are available Monday through Friday. Appointments are scheduled from 9:00 in the morning to 3:30 in the afternoon. Please expect to be here with your pet for at least one hour for your pet’s first visit with one of our specialists. Subsequent visits are approximately 30 minutes in duration. Schedule an appointment online or call our department’s direct number at 303-874-2055.
The Internal Medicine department’s office hours are Monday through Friday from 7 am until 6 pm. Our staff is available during these times to assist you with appointment scheduling, prescription and food refills, and to answer questions about your pet’s medical condition. We are closed on Saturdays, Sundays, and all major holidays.
Prescription and Food Pick Up
Since VRCC is a 24 hour hospital we do have staff available to help you pick up your prearranged prescription refill or food order after hours. However, after our regular office hours there will not be staff available to refill your prescription or assist you in ordering food. Please call during our regularly scheduled office hours to arrange for your food order or prescription refills.
Patient Visiting Hours
We understand that pets are like family. Being separated from your pet can be extremely difficult and visitation is encouraged whenever possible.
Please observe the following guidelines for visiting with your pet:
- Visiting hours are from 10am-12pm, 5pm-7pm, and 11pm-2am daily.
- We request that you call ahead and tell the technician taking care of your pet when they can expect you to arrive for a visit, so that we can make sure all necessary treatments scheduled for your pet can be done prior, as to not have your visit interrupted.
- We request that you limit your visit to 15 minutes – consideration will be given on a case by case basis to allow for extended visitation time.
- All necessary safety protocols must be followed in cases when your pet is being hospitalized in our isolation unit.
- In some situations, our Patient Care staff may request that you return to the lobby. We will reunite you with your pet as soon as possible.
- Although you will not be allowed to stay overnight with your pet, we welcome you to call and check-in with our Patient Care staff at any time to learn the status of your pet.
- For privacy purposes, patient status for pets other than your own cannot be shared.